Sunday, June 21, 2009

the first day of winter

yesterday was the solstice ....what i used to call the SUMMER solstice which is now my WINTER and winter in june is still as hard to take as the toilet water going counter clockwise in this southern hemisphere.
I started the day off doing Tai Chi on a rock jetty that extends out into the ocean waters, right in the heart of Nukualofa. Because it was Sunday i had to share my spot with a Tongan woman saying endless prayers .... she was there when i got there and still there when i left. I didn't mind sharing the space but i think she may have had other thoughts .... Tai Chi on a technicality of being an exercise is UNLAWFUL on a Sunday; however because i use it as a meditation ... i'm certain i would win in a court of Tongan law.
Well the cold south winds brought in the winter with a blast of air from the Antarctica. I'am wearing long pants 2 shirts a sweater and a jacket.... but NO it's not minus degree weather .... it's only 67 degrees ... but that's enough to freeZZZZZZe, not only me; but everyone else that is hobbling along today.
My only hope to warm up because it's raining and the sun just isn't going to come out today, is to go home and boil some water for a hot bucket bath .... there is NO hot water @ my house ... it takes some effort; but my only regret is my bucket isn't big enough to create the sense of well being that one gets after stepping out of a 15-20 minute HOT shower. I have also discovered in cases of being cold here, it's best to put my feet in the bucket or by the time the water gets down to my feet from the top of my head ... the water is going to be COLD !!!!
It's diffidently a HOT soup day for sure .... and that's the dinner plan. Ramen noodles with hot red Cayenne powder sold at the Chinese store for $.40 USD ... it certainly won't bust my budget, and if i have two ... i might just be overwhelmed with the sense of abundance !!!!!

No comments: