Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mosquito Madness

It's NOT good to HATE anything ... but I HATE mosquitoes!!!!
I sleep with a mosquito net that completely surrounds my bed and is held tight to the sides. During the very worse part of the rainy season i can actually hear them buzzing outside the net, but i sleep safely inside beyond their nasty biting reach. Well for the last two nights i have gotten very little sleep. Somehow one, possibly two mosquitoes have managed to get into the inside of my net. They are driving me KraZy !!!!!
Through natural selection the Tongan mosquito is very fast and cunning!!! The result is that i lie awake @ night waiting until they are close to my ear or face and i swat randomly at their sound. My aim must be terrible because i still hear the little bast--ds flying around . How can such a small thing make such a LOUD noise!!
From all the missed hits i have bruises all over my face and bites on my body.
One quick fix is to light a mosquito coil ... god only knows what that's made from, but a headache is the only real guarantee ....
sooo what to do ???
Today i'm going to shake the net out and GREY TAPE the sides... light a coil when i'm OUT of the house .... and get a good night's sleep !

No comments: