Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Let's have a PARADE

WOW ... what a week; i actually met someone who had read my blog .... Kate Asleson's MOM ... for me blogging is anonymous, and as far as i know NOT even my kids read my writings, but there she was in the flesh telling me she had read "what was the JETMAN thinking" ... I was floored, and I might add, she actually encouraged me to continue writing .... sooo here it goes:

I LOVE marching bands and today to celebrate the opening of Parliament there was a 2hr parade followed by a drive through of the KING, then another 2 hr parade by the same marching people from the first 2 hrs !!!! I swear i couldn't get enough. These bands don't just play music , they dance when they march. It was soooo kool to see this Christan nation swing their hips. The first half is all about waiting for the KING!!!!! The second half is all about BLOWING IT ALL OUT!!!!
The King seems so other worldly ... but when you actually see him drive by in an open car .. all decked out in medals and a crown ... you realize ...holy crap-o-la this Kingdom is for real.
Ohhhh and the crowds ... the streets were lined with thousands of people and every school age child in Nukualofa (the abode of LOVE) was in the parade.
Now the streets are quiet ... until the church bells ring in the morning @ 05:30 to wake me up.

No comments: