Tuesday, September 1, 2009

a 3 banger day

YES ... 3 posts all in one day ... i think the reason is that my inter-net is so random at home, that when i'm in the mood to write... very often i don''t have access. That and my mind has become just as random... a thought once thought is just that ... and quickly forgotten .. it's a very common malady in all the Pacific islands.

NOW ... what was that i was going to write about ?????

ohhhhh yea ... how much everyone is looking forward to the NEW group of Peace Corps volunteers to arrive.

Significantly it means that we have been here for a year ... kinda of "over the HUMP". With their arrival it means our end is in sight; NOT that i want to get outta here ...I"M VERY HAPPY in Tonga... i just get overwhelmed with the idea of a commitment that far off in the distance .. i'm way to spontaneous a person and this 27 month gig has had a psychological affect on me. I can now start to breath easier.

On the bright side I'm also looking forward to a trip home in October to visit with my adult children and take as many HOT showers as i can. AHHH just one month from today, i can hardly wait.
Then there is December, Back here in Nukualofa the new Trainees will be sworn in ... it's my birth month .. i'll be a year older and I'll start to collect a social security check that is FIVE times my peace corps check ...
so @ Christmas time this year it will be PARTY HARDY in HOT Tonga while at home everyone else will be freZZZZZZing.
and that is JUST FINE with me !!!!!!!!

No comments: