Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the people you meet on the streets of Tonga

Riding back to work today after a rather hectic lunch hour of shopping and eating i came upon a bicyclist with a de-railed chain.
It's only since i have been back from America that my own bicycle has been plagued with a similar issue. I was overwhelmed with sympathy.

I stopped to help; after all it took my mind off "DOGS" ...

Barking, growling dogs, DOGS that show their teeth....
These freakin BEASTS have been on my mind for weeks .... i'm NOT a violent person but after being home in the USA for nearly a month; in the land of LIABILITIES and RESPONSIBILITIES i find it harder and harder to just accept roaming ANGRY dogs, who view ME on my bicycle as a project they could really sink their teeth into. Fooled into thinking i might just lie down and become their next meal.

Well anyhow DOGS are a BIG part of Tonga and they will be for quite some time. They will be there tonight when i ride home and again on the streets tomorrow and the day after that .....
it's best never to get on your bike without a plan of defense... think ROCK !!!!

I find it all to be exhausting, to be so guarded.
Just like terrorists; to be effective it only takes one dog to bite me and then "I" in order to avoid a surprise attack;
i have to view each and every DOG as a possible biting suspect .... it sucks !!!!

Sooo why can't dog owners care enough for their pets that they won't attack innocent bikers . aughhhhhhhhhhhh (yes, THAT IS A TONGAN WORD)

Now back to the distressed bicyclist ... while fixing her chain we carried on a simple conversation and she mentioned that she reads "MY BLOG" .... omg ... that is now "TWO" people that i know of ... i swear it was enough for me to sit down and write about !!!!!

peace out from the flip side of the world

2 comments:

myrab said...

Now there are three - I read all the Tonga blogs. I look forward over the coming year.

Penny said...

Thanks for your help with the bike. Sorry to hear about the dog problem...perhaps you are by nature a cat person? First read your blog in Canada before leaving for my stint here in Nuku'alofa. I found it to be quite helpful in getting a sense of the local "colour" plus a good read.